Thursday, August 21, 2008

School, School, School

So, yesterday, I went to school to get my schedule and I.D. taken, I.D. first. I waited in line with my friend Julie, (who I will call Yun-Yun from now on...) for about an hour because her dad was busy. So we were at school at 12 and the actual time it started was 1, so we were bored standing in line and just kind of.. waited. We flagged a couple people down and then lots of other people started coming, and all of a sudden, there was a huge blob.. which was really weird.. and stuffy and crowded.. Our friend Tiffany came about a half hour later and we didn't get into the small gym until about 1:30 despite being one of the first people in line.

After taking my picture I.D. I went to C-Villa(my villa) to pick up my school schedule. I went up to the lady and didn't notice how TRUONG, ROGER was printed right across the top of my card.. God, how embarrassing. So, the lady told me to go back to the small gym to ask them to reprint it. I asked the lady if I could see my schedule anyways and she wouldn't let me.. So I had to walk ALL the way across campus back to the small gym. On the way there Yun-Yun and Tiffany were getting the schedule and it turns out they both have one of the teachers I wanted, and in the same period.. I was only hoping that that teacher would be on my schedule too, when I got it..

The three of us headed back to the small gym to get my card reprinted with the right name. The photographer and lady was really nice about it, and in about.. 2 minutes my card was reprinted with the right name, and picture, and we headed back to C-Villa. The walk made me really anxious... We arrived at the C-Villa office and I came to the window to pick up my schedule and so I got it, and didn't look at it at all.. and showed it to Yun-Yun first.. and from the look on her face, it didn't seem like I got the teacher I wanted so I flipped the paper around and looked at it.. To my disappointment I got another teacher instead.. On Friday my mom will surely go to the office to complain for me, and vouch that I get into this class for English 3 AP.

After that, me and Yun-Yun went to the mall. We got there around.. 3 o'clock maybe? I went to the restroom to change into my Simca costume to walk around the mall. I had that and my hat, at least I didn't go overboard with a pink wig too.. I remember walking into the bathroom and it was totally packed, but after I was done changing I came out (it felt kind of weird..) and no one was around except for Yun-Yun and this other lady drying her hand.. and then these two Mexican ladies come in and call me "Loca" or something. And Yun-Yun told me what they said. I didn't want to cause a scene so instead she and I just left the bathroom.

I'm pretty sure yesterday I got a lot of stares from people because of how I was dressed, but I wanted to go out in cosplay like.. in public at least once to see how it would be like. We walked around the mall till around.. 5 or so and then we were back at the food court. As I was heading towards the bathroom with Yun-Yun, this guy comes up to me and like.. he's all like.. "Hey, excuse me? Are you.. Simca?" And it just felt SO good that someone was brave enough to come up to me and talk to me.. Props to the guy. I nodded my head and smiled and then me and Yun-Yun headed to the bathroom to change. I changed out of the costume and went out and then we went to McDonalds. I got an ice-cream and Yun-Yun got three cookies. While we were in line, I saw the guy again and he was walking out of the food court and I heard him saying something about cosplay.. I wish he and I got to talk some more.. That was the highlight of my mall experience that day, totally eclipsing, AND making me feel better about that lady calling me crazy.

After that, I took the lightrail home with Yun-Yun because she lives really close to one of the stops. So we walked all the way out to the lightrail station and then bought our ticket and then waited for the lightrail to come. We waited about 5 minutes and then in about 2, we were at her stop. Walking to her house took about.. 5 minutes or so and then she had to go eat dinner. I thought it would be awkward to eat dinner with her family, so I opted to stay back in her room and make stars to put into the jar. My mom picked me up at about.. 7 or 8 o'clock and then we went to my mom's old friend's house.

The kids there were amazingly sweet. They complimented me a lot, telling me I was pretty and stuff, and they were just so adorable! I braided their hair and tied it for them 'cause they asked me too.. And then I ate dinner at that house. It was like.. rice with fried fish with soup. It was really yummy. We went home at about.. 11 and the kids were drinking their milking before going to bed, so I hugged them good-bye and went into the car.

In the car I asked my mom about my dad's stories about being in a boat escaping to America, it was really interesting, she told me something about pirates and stuff.. I only mentioned it because earlier in the day, Yun-Yun wanted water and her dad was all like.. "Oh there's a bottle in the back." And then after she drank it, he told her it might've been two months old.. That made me giggle a little bit. And then her dad told her not to complain because when he was escaping to Malaysia (he lived in Vietnam even though he was Chinese) he'd drink pond water every three days because there was no fresh water.. which prompted me to ask about MY parent's stories.

I'll leave my dad's story for another day as this blog is already getting really long. Actually, it took him pretty long to tell it.. about maybe an.. hour? Yeah. Really long.

No comments: