Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gotcha

Today was.. fantastic, superb... I honestly can't find a better word to describe getting out of school early! It started out as a small blackout during Break. At that time, I was in my Chemistry class, just doing some homework to catch up. My Zune was blasting Hana=Kimi while other students in Ms. Shea's class chattered away.

Then, there was darkness.

I swallowed a scream because, obviously, that would alert people to my achluophobia. In about.. I'd say twenty seconds(?) the lights flickered back on for a minute or two and everything was back to normal. Or so it seemed. The lights completely went off again, and this time, I had to get out of the room. I fumbled around and found myself outside, propping the door open so light would shine into the classroom. This took me about a whole minute. A whole damn minute fumbling around in the dark to find the damn door. It was amazing I was still composed after that. Seriously. The bell rang and Chemistry began to fill up. Ms. Shea grabbed some candles and lit them up around the room. Class started, on schedule, and we did worksheets all period. By the end of the period, the P.A. System went off and the lady said that we'd be out around 12, that meant a 30 minute wait.

Obviously other students just upped and left their classes, but our class just hung around, talking, texting, listening to music, etc.

At 12, the whole school was released and I received my Gotcha! target from Kevin. Basically, what we do in Gotcha! is try to shoot our assigned target while avoiding our own hunter. Once our target is eliminated, we start tracking their target. Last man standing wins. Simple game, exciting twist. There is probably about 30-40 or more students involved in this game, all attend Independence. I probably don't know half the kids playing.

I can't wait to shoot my target. I already know who he is, where he hangs out, etc.

Anyways, after I got my target, I walked to the front of the school where my mother came to pick me up. I went home and proceeded to take a nap until my mom woke me up around 3:10. I had to go to an eye examination. That was no fun. It lasted for two hours. Two hours. I could have been doing English flashcards.. I'd rather do English flashcards, and that says a lot.

I came home and have proceeded to waste four hours doing nothing. I should have started on those flashcards. I'm going to fail my English final tomorrow. Oh god. My History final too. Damn. Alright, well, I should honestly get started before I start digging my own grave. Just think, somewhere on this massive Earth, another Junior has just been utterly pwned by their finals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have liked it if you stayed in the game, and not so quickly suicided! I mean, I was looking forward to the part where we get each other!